Monday, November 28, 2011

Welcome to Engaging Families!

Welcome families, students, teachers, and friends! This is my first year teaching and I can't wait to see what adventures we will go on. I am so excited to get this blog started and am looking forward to our journeys through critical literacy, dialogue, and action. It is my hope that this will be a place where we can share and learn together. 

Look out for my weekly Monday update - I hope to share lots of exciting happenings in our classroom, additional information for assignments, field trips, and two featured sections. The first, "In the News," will highlight examples of family-school partnerships in action around the world. The second, "Book Nook," will provide a synopsis of our story of the week and pose a critical inquiry question that families will be encouraged to respond to. I am looking forward to bring families knowledge and home life into our space at school. 

I hope you will join us on these adventures and here's to a fantastic year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment